Friday, October 18, 2013

I Don't Want to be a Party to This!

Okay, so I have been trudging along doing the job the 'committee' commited me to.  Just put on my happy face and did what they asked (even put up with their micro managing!).


But, then I get an email asking for me to share the names of all the people that have purchased tickets to the event that is being organized stating, 'if they are going to be there, they can volunteer!' (and they added the exclamation point, not me).  Knowing how I feel about this new wave of coercive volunteer recruitment you can imagine the conflict I felt.  I have a philosophical issue with essentially putting a target on my fellow parents' heads.  I was physically ill. I did not want to be a party to this.  Just last week, when I was at the school helping organize (because a friend actually asked me straight forward for help---leaving it a voluntary decision on my part to participate or not---imagine!) I overheard another mother expressing her dismay that she a friend had actually volunteered her to help.  And the mom she was speaking to stating that they are now pitting moms against other moms (have you heard that somewhere before?----I'm not making this stuff up!).  Later that day the mom that was expressing her frustration got into an altercation at the school with the very mom that threw her under the bus.  It has come to this: The PTA is affecting our relationships with our very support system! And now, I am faced with being that mom.  Again, I am physically ill over this.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

I created this blog as a forum to share my feelings anonymously without fear of backlash, retaliation, judgement, incessant whispering in the corner, well, you get my drift. This blog is purely my perspective and opinion. It is meant solely as a place to vent (to free up my husband and other best friend from their role as sounding board): It is a monologue, not a dialog! I will not entertain ongoing conversations here. You are free to have differing opinions and perspective----and I urge you to express them in your very own blog or forum. But this blog is all about me and how I feel and see things. Please take it for entertainment value only. While comments are not prohibited they will be monitored for approval prior to being published. With that being said, don’t waste your time trying to provoke a debate.